Monday, November 27, 2006

Snow!

Big fat flakes, drifting down right now. The kids are hoping it will continue all night. I must get out all of our snow gear and see how much fits and doesn't fit. I'm betting at least my bigger kid doesn't have boots that fit. He can wear my old ski bibs though, how scary is that!! I can't possibly have a child that big. And if we can't find boots, they can always do what we did as a kid, which was to put bread bags over our regular shoes. I can still see the gold Roman Meal label on them, tied with rubber bands over my soaking wet blue jeans as I bombed down the hill on our red "Flexible Flyer" sled. Hopefully I'll have sledding photos to post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

How exciting! I love it when the first snow comes! Yet another reason to enjoy our kids being at home.

Maureen said...

I grew up in Buffalo and remember the "Wonder Bread bag" emergency snow boots well!