Friday, November 10, 2006

Fun in the Sun

I didn't write during our recent trip to Florida, I was just way too busy there with preparation for my Ironman race and then my race day itself. But we did manage to take some time out for fun - we took a visit to the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum, and a local marine wildlife park, and Wayne took the kids to things like goofy golf while I was out training and racing (there's plenty of time during an Ironman to fit in all sorts of activities!) Our hotel was right on the ocean and had a fabulous water park and lovely beach, so the kids had a total blast.

Now we're back, being mellow for a few days and trying to unwind a bit. The kids have had an endless stream of phone calls from friends and have been catching up with all of their buddies all week in playdate after playdate. I know they really missed everyone. We're back into regular class schedules, and only have a few weeks until the hectic confluence of Diva's Chronicles of Narnia ballet, both of the kids' Lego robotics team competition, and right smack in the middle of that, the kids and I have our Karate belt test and recital.

No comments: