Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The View from 40

I am blessed. Really, totally blessed. I love my DH, my kids, our life together I am blessed with wonderful friends and family in my life. I am so lucky to live in a beautiful home, a beautiful city, a beautiful state. The sun is shining outside. I'm going to be able to go on a bike ride today. My DH has said I can pick out a digital SLR camera for my birthday (and anyone who knows my extreme shutterbug-ism knows how over-the-top happy I am about this!) This weekend my friends and family are going to gather with me to celebrate. No day could be better than today.

It's my birthday, I'm 40 years old. Wow!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Robin

Happy Birthday! You are an inspiration.

I am reading your other blog as well - and I have just started The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight so I will be interested to hear/read what you and your family are doing.

Hope you have a great day
Karen

Robin said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I will be interested to hear what you think of the book!

Kathy said...

Hey! Happy Belated Birthday! Welcome to the world of 40+ (I turned 41 in November)!

Robin said...

Thanks! It hardly seems possible. I remember as a teen thinking how "old" I would be in the year 2000 - a whopping 34, LOL.

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Robin! I've been enjoying your blog since you started it. I get all excited when I see you have a new post. ;) We're unschoolers with young ones too so it's nice to have some comradery. Hope you had a great bday!

Christi said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I also love reading your blog. Your writing is fantastic and inspiring.

Have fun camera shopping. We just got a new Canon EOS and love it.

Liz said...

Happy belated birthday, Robin!