Tuesday, October 05, 2010
Time Machine Pranks and Other Random Conversations
One day on a walk with Mackenzie, we started discussing what sorts of pranks we would play if we had a time machine. Here was our top few:
1) Arrive on the summit of Mt. Everest slightly before Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. Have already planted a flag and be lounging around eating a sandwich. Casually say "Oh hey guys, what are you doing up here?"
2) Hide on the moon just before Neil Armstrong steps out. Just as he's reciting the whole "One small step for man" speech, jump out wearing a green alien costume.
3) Build a hotel at the site where Columbus will land. Serve him a margarita with a fancy umbrella
4) Become the seer that tells Julius Caesar "Beware the Ides of March". Then we could get stuck in a time paradox where we would have to continually go back in time in order for that to occur in order for history to be correct in order for us to be born in order to travel back in time...
5) Alternately, show up and tell Julius Caesar "Beware St. Patrick's Day"
Yes, this is what we spend our time doing...