Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stormlight

I was supposed to be grocery shopping, but the sky turned black and inky blue while the sun shone slanted and gold beneath the storm clouds. I couldn't help but stop and take some photos.

As a mom, I've put my career on hold for many years. In fact, I don't think I'll ever be going back to anything resembling my old career (in software). But little by little, my photography is starting to bloom and take hold as not just a passion but a job as well. For the last few months, I've actually gotten paid to do photography, in a variety of ways, and there are yet more opportunities on the horizon. I'm just starting to put together my photographer's web page, so I'll let you know when that's up and running.

The storm-lit evening was a great reminder that although my job as a homeschooling mom is still my number one priority, following my passions just as I help the kids follow theirs is a very good thing.

2 comments:

ZZZ said...

What a lovely photo! I admire you for admitting that you are not likely to ever go back to your previous work/life. Sometimes it is hard to admit that ;-)

Robin said...

Where I live there are many fewer opportunities in that field than there were in the software corridor of Redmond, WA. So that's part of it. And I really have no urge to go back into that world. I worked the geek side of my brain for many years, now it's time to work the creative side!