Tuesday, October 24, 2006


A Pumpkin In Time

Things are crazy around here, with just four days until we all leave for Florida and my Ironman race. We'll miss Halloween here in the Northwest with our friends, and the kids are a bit bummed about that, but at least we got a beautiful fall day to go out to the pumpkin patch and find a few nice orange beauties to bring home and carve.

While we will all definitely enjoy the beautiful warm weather and sandy beaches of Florida, there's also something distinctly compelling about crisp fall weather, piles of dry rustling leaves, and the smell of distant rain in the air. Our region has such beautiful farms to visit, and my recent bike rides have taken me past fields full of pumpkins, corn, tomatoes, and trees so laden with apples that they appear entirely red.

With only a few days to go, and a to-do list a mile long, I'm left wondering if I have the time to put at least one or two pumpkin pies in the oven...

No comments: